Electrical problem blamed for fire at Leavenworth apartment

Fire blamed on electrical problem (image)#Electrical problem blamed for #fire at Leavenworth #apartment | #ESC_LLC | Brooks said firefighters had the fire under control pretty quickly. He said the fire caused smoke and heat damage to the bedroom (leavenworthtimes). https://wp.me/p97JNV-1Ex

Brooks said firefighters also cut a hole in the roof for ventilation. He said this creates a chimney effect, allowing smoke, heat and fire to escape through the hole rather than spreading to other areas of a building. (read more)

NPFA logo (image)According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), in a report entitled Home Electrical Fires, written by Richard Campbell in March 2019, electrical failure or malfunction where there was a fire caused an estimated average of 440 civilian deaths and 1,250 civilian injuries each year in 2012-2016, as well as an estimated $1.3 billion in direct property damage a year.

“Home electrical fires can start in wiring, electrical distribution systems, and lighting equipment, as well as in any equipment powered by electricity such as cooking, heating, office and entertainment equipment, washers and dryers, as well as electrical distribution or lighting equipment” (https://bit.ly/3iwNlob).

John Larkin, Sr. Partner (image)
John Larkin, Sr. Partner

“Fire alarm systems are ideal additions to multi-family structures. Smoke detectors installed in each apartment can sound a life-saving alarm when a fire is detected. This is especially crucial when there’s no one at home to alert everyone in the building,” says John Larkin, Senior Partner with ESC of Greater Ohio. “Equipped with a central fire alarm system, a signal can be quickly transmitted to ESC’s  professional central station where operators will immediately summon the local fire department.”

For more information on ESC’s fire alarm services: Click here to read this story (image) or use the convenient contact form below: