Grease fire could cost Salem restaurant tens of thousands of dollars in damages | #ESC_LLC #Salem | Mike’s Penn Avenue Grille caught fire just after 9 p.m. on Saturday (wkbn). https://wp.me/p97JNV-1Gi
It started as a grease fire in the kitchen then spread to other parts of the building, with some flames impacting the second floor.
One estimate calculated about $70,000 in damages, but it could be more. (read more)
“We’re not clear at this moment whether there was a kitchen fire suppression system in place in this restaurant, but in most cases, this fire would have been manageable until firefighters arrived,” says John Larkin, Senior Partner with ESC of Greater Ohio. “It’s a shame that things like this happen, especially after the owners managed to suffer through 2020 and still be in business in 2021.”
If you own a restaurant, have your kitchen suppression system serviced regularly so you do not have to go through what the owner of Mike’s Penn Avenue Grille is now going through.
Use this convenient form to contact ESC today for a free, no obligation consultation!