Kitchen fire causes severe damage at Des Plaines restaurant

Kitchen fire causes severe damage at Des Plaines restaurant | #ESC_LLC #Restaurant #Kitchen #Fire | Fire crews arrived on the scene at 3:45 p.m. to find smoke showing from a roof vent and a fire in the kitchen, according to Des Plaines Fire Department Battalion Chief Scott Pierson. The fire was put out by 4:05 p.m., he said.

The fire started while the restaurant was open and patrons were there, but the blaze was confined to the kitchen area and there were no injuries, Pierson said. (Please scroll down for more)

To learn about ESC’s many services, click here!

“A kitchen fire in a commercial restaurant can be difficult for firefighters to contain and extinguish because the fuel that feeds it is not turned off at the first sign of uncontrolled heat,” says John Larkin, Senior Partner with ESC of Greater Ohio.

The sad fact is, there are some fire protection companies out there that do not include the price of a gas shutoff valve or large contactor to remove the primary fuels from kitchen appliances that may have caught on fire.

“Electronic Systems Consultants LLC (ESC) will not install a kitchen suppression system without them,” says Larkin. “If you want to stop a raging fire in your kitchen as quickly as possible, thus limiting damage, you must shut off the fuel supply or face the consequences.”

To read the remainder of this news article, click here. For information on ESC kitchen fire suppression system installation and service, contact ESC’s restaurant expert, Ivra Bassette, at 614-754-1393, or email ESC@tpromo.com.

Ivra Bassette is ESC’s
Restaurant Expert.