Restaurant staff tackle kitchen fire with extinguisher and blanket

Restaurant staff tackle kitchen fire with extinguisher and blanket | #ESC_LLC #Restaurant #Kitchen #Fire | A RESTAURANT and bar in York city centre were evacuated this morning after a fire broke out in the kitchens. North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said firefighters were called at 11.20am to the Judge’s Lodgings in Lendal, where fire had broken out in a frying range.

A spokeswoman said an extinguisher and fire blanket were used by staff to tackle the fire, but crews completed the work, and also ventilated the premises, which had been evacuated by staff.

The Judge's Lodgings

Judge’s Lodgings general manager Nik Haywood said all guests and staff were safely and speedily evacuated, and the fre in the kitchen – which was caused by a technical fault in a fryer -was quickly brought under control.

To read the remainder of this news article, click here.

Crippling Restaurant Fires are Costly and Unnecessary | #ESC_LLC #Restaurant #Kitchen #Fire | “In a properly installed kitchen suppression system, a fusible link in the hood automatically shuts the gas and electrical appliances off the second a fire is detected,” says Ivra Bassett II, ESC’s restaurant expert. A restaurant kitchen fire is costly because of lost revenue during the clean up and rebuilt. It’s also costly to the employees who are now out of work. ESC can minimize the damage. Call 614-754-1393 or visit


ESC’s fire extinguisher techs are factory trained and Ohio Fire Marshal Certified | #ESC_LLC #Fire #FireExtinguisher | You can rest assured that when ESC’s on the job that your new fire extinguishers will be installed properly to current fire code. For more information, contact our office at 614-754-1393, send an email ESC@Tpromo.Com, or visit our fire extinguisher page: